- Leading Regional Bank
- Great Remuneration Package
- Managerial Role with Great Working Culture
This well-reputed Regional Bank is looking for seasoned credit risk talent with managerial experience in retail banking sector to lead their retail credit risk team due to great success in their business last year, covering unsecured personal lending. You will be leading a team of 10 reporting directly to the CRO. Great working culture and great remuneration package are provided.
As the Head of Credit Risk covering Retail Banking in a well-reputed Regional Bank, your key responsibility will be to:
- Oversee and manage a team of credit risk professionals responsible for thorough credit assessments on unsecured lending products and treasury credit products, complying with established policy and operating procedures, while maintaining a balance between risk and return.
- Develop and implement comprehensive credit risk strategies and policies for unsecured personal lending, ensuring alignment with regulatory requirements and industry best practices, thereby enhancing credit controls.
- Oversee the credit underwriting process, including credit scoring, risk assessment, and loan approval/rejection decisions.
- Present to management regarding the credit quality of customer portfolios, high-risk accounts, and other potential credit risk issues.
- Conduct regular portfolio reviews and analysis to identify emerging trends, potential risks, and opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize credit risk decisions and maximize profitability.
- Monitor and manage the delinquency and default rates, implementing proactive strategies to mitigate losses and improve the overall credit quality.
- Stay abreast of market trends, regulatory changes, and emerging risks in the retail credit landscape, proactively adapting the risk management framework as needed.
- Supervise and develop the team by providing guidance, training, and performance feedback to foster a high-performing and cohesive work environment.
- Hold a degree or higher in Risk Management, Finance and Accounting, or a related discipline.
- Possess a minimum of 12 years of experience in retail credit approval, with exposure to wealth management credit approval being advantageous and with minimum 5 years of managerial experience
- Have a strong understanding of credit assessment for personal lending products.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and the ability to clearly articulate approval justifications in written and verbal form.
- Exhibit strong leadership and management skills, with experience in leading a team of risk professionals.
- Possess sound knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, or similar analytic tools (preferred).
- Display a proactive working attitude and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Have good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese (including Mandarin).
Still considering? Contact Cathleen Chen on +852 3653 5247 for confidential discussion about it, we are always happy to help.